Corner Alliance has an opportunity for an experienced RAN Engineer to join our Boulder team as a full time employee with benefits to support a recently awarded new contract under FirstNet. FirstNet’s mission is to build, operate and maintain the first high-speed, nationwide wireless broadband network dedicated to public safety. FirstNet will provide a single interoperable platform for emergency and daily public safety communications. This broadband network will fulfill a fundamental need of the public safety community as well as the last remaining recommendation of the 9/11 Commission. FirstNet will bring 21st century tools to tens of thousands of organizations and individuals that respond to emergencies at the local, state,tribal and federal levels.
FirstNet’s Office of the Chief Technical Officer (CTO) has procured a team of LTE Subject Matter Experts to help them evaluate nationwide network RFPs, support Early Builder projects, develop device and application ecosystems, support network operations, and develop network policies. This team will play an integral role in a successful award process for FirstNet and the deployment of this unprecedented communications resource for our nation’s first responders.
Location: Boulder, CO
Duties: Perform radio access network cell site (eNodeB) planning for State Network Plans using automated planning capability of InfoVista/Planet Radio Frequency modeling tools, and assist development of planning methodology.
Years of Experience: 10+
- Experienced in use of Automatic cell planning capability for planning of large networks at a State or National level
- Recent “Hands on” experience planning 4G LTE operational wireless networks using– PLANET, ATOLL, or ASSET
- Solid knowledge of the LTE air interface aspects relevant to radio planning, including link budgets, importance of MCS and characteristics of MIMO
- Solid knowledge of eNodeB equipment architecture characteristics
- Experience with defining and executing drive tests on 3G/4G LTE networks, and subsequent data analysis for network optimization and propagation model tuning
- Proficient in the use of GIS tools, Excel, and other related tools for network planning analysis
- Selection and planning of antenna subsystem components site-by- site
- A minimum of seven 7 years of experience in 3G/4G LTE RAN planning, optimization and performance measurement for broadband wireless operators
- Excellent communication skills; fluency in written and spoken English
- Must be a US Citizen to pass government background investigation for Public Trust Clearance.
Education: Bachelors in Engineering or related field
Corner Alliance offers a competitive benefits package including health, dental, life, disability, matching 401K, PTO, and more.
To apply, send resume and salary requirements through Indeed here.
Corner Alliance, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other basis covered by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time